Sunday 27 February 2011

Keeping on the stop motion theme

I'm looking into animation in general and finding it a lot more interesting then I though, also turns out a bunch of the Media Studies stuff I learnt in 5th year in High School is coming back to me a bit and is related to this a bit!

So Why Animation?

- Animation offers a different representation of expression and anables greater creative freedoms.

-It can offer different representation of 'reality' or create worlds goverened by their own codes and conventions that are totally different from the real world.

- It can achieve anything that can be imagined.

^This last statement isn't so true for me because I am looking into stop motion which is more difficult to create absolutley anything.

I also find that animation is a lot easier to work with and control. Last year I found that it also came much more naturally to me then anything I had done previously. Also surprisingly I managed to create something light hearted from it, which as many of you are probably aware i don't do like ever!!

Anyway I'll post some things on the animation process and pre-production tommorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment