Thursday 14 April 2011

http://benburttinterviews.blogspot.com/

THIS is amazing! Really informative :) I think this guy might be my new hero as well, Wall-E was amazing and you know he made 2600 sound files for Wall-E!!! Star wars only had 1000 or so and indiana jones had about 700! The more I learn about sound design the more I realise  how much work goes into sound design in animation and the more excited I get!

Because sound effects in animation create the mood, a sense of realism and credibility within the movie. Sound also creates character and helps to build drama etc etc.

The wind in Wall-E was made by using the sound of the Niagra-falls filtered a bit and run through an echo chamber! A sense of loneliness can be created using different wind sounds!

"Many good sounds are created by accident."

Ben Burtt got a lot of stuff from ebay to create his sounds.

Experimentation is important.

I'll add to this more later I think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment